HostEngine 4U computer features Intel® Xeon® 3.3GHz or lower-speed single- or dual-processor(s) with the Intel C612 chipset. HostEngine 4U provides four PCI Express (PCIe) Gen 3.0 x16 expansion slots. Each slot can accommodate a full-height, full-length, double-wide GPU, for a total of 4 x GPUs, or a half-height, half-length controller such as the Cubix Host Interface Controller (HIC) that connects to Cubix Xpander products. Each HIC connects to multiple slots within an Xpander Rackmount 8 or other Xpander products.
By connecting HostEngine to Xpander Rackmount 8, you can add eight double-wide GPUs such as NVIDIA® Quadro K5200 or M6000 for running Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve, Autodesk® 3ds Max or Bunkspeed® Shot with Mental Images® iray on Linux or Microsoft® Windows®. Connecting to Xpander Rackmount 8 also enables you to connect to GPU Compute Engines such as NVIDIA Tesla K40 / K80. You can also connect to AMD Firepro S9100 / 9150 / 9170 for HPC applications.
- 2 x Intel® Xeon® E5-2660v3
- 4 x 4GByte – DDR4-2133MHz ECC Registered DIMMs, total 16GBytes memory
- 1 x 500GByte SATA 3 solid-state drive (SSD) with CentOS Linux 6.6 (factory installation includes updates, GPU and other device drivers as well functional and burn-in tests)
- Includes cables and power cords
- Includes 2 year standard warranty
Visit the Cubix store for HostEngine 4U model specifications and pricing.